What is it?
Following RTC Europe’s success in hosting the first PechaKucha format competition last year, RTC North America is going to take on the challenge. We invite you to submit an entry in the PechaKucha.
You are invited to submit from one of the following topics:
- Yeah That’s Cool, But Can It Be Built?
- Absorbing Advancements in Tech – How to deal…
- Technology Vision – Design and Construction in 2025
A PechaKucha is a presentation of 20 images of 20 seconds each. It's fast, it's fun, it's an elevator pitch for the AEC industry! This is also your abstract for a session you want to present next year. Your audience will decide the grand prize winner. Your PechaKucha does not have to be technical in nature (though it could be), but it must be about one of the above topics, and the great ones will be inspiring.
So come show us, come collaborate with us, come inspire us!
Grand Prize: Speakership (including registration and 4 nights’ accommodation) to RTC North America 2017, plus winning entry to be presented as a class for next year
2nd Prize: $250 amazon voucher
3rd Prize: $50 amazon voucher
Who can submit?
The PechaKucha Competition is open to all RTC North America 2016 Attendees.
Sponsors, exhibitors and re-sellers are not eligible.
All entries will be reviewed by the Committee to determine three finalists. Judging criteria will be focused on the best PechaKuchas, and also the best potential RTC North America 2017 sessions.
The finalists will present their PechaKucha’s live during the session on Saturday July 16. The audience will then vote on which presentation is accepted as a full session for next year.
What’s the format?
File format: PowerPoint (PPT or PPTX)
Resolution (aspect ratio): landscape 1920x1080 (16:9)
Number of slides: 20 images
Duration per slide: 20 seconds (6 minutes & 40 seconds total)
Audio: Please record audio (Audio is for review by the RTC North America Committee only, and will be removed for finalist presentations)
How do I set my aspect ratio to 16:9?
How do I make each slide display for 20 seconds?
How do I record audio/narration in PowerPoint?
Terms and Conditions for RTC North America 2016 PechaKucha-Style Competition
- To enter the competition, participants must be a registered attendee of the event. Sponsors, exhibitors and re-sellers are not eligible.
- Participants can submit only 1 entry.
- Participants must submit an electronic version of their presentation via this website.
- To qualify for the competition, participants must adhere to the following submission requirements:
- The file submitted must be a PowerPoint presentation (PPT or PPTX)
- The file must be 16:9 in aspect ratio
- The file must contain 20 slides, each with a single still image
- Each slide must be 20 seconds (6 minutes & 40 seconds total)
- Audio must be included with the file (Audio is for review by the RTC North America Committee only, and will be removed for finalist presentations)
- Any information that identifies you or your company must be removed.
- Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm MST Fri July 8 2016.
- Participants must seek approval on the contents from their company before submitting.
- All entries will be reviewed by the Committee to determine three finalists.
- Finalists must present their PechaKucha live during the session on Saturday July 16.
- The winners of the competition will be determined by the audience attending the PechaKucha Session.
- The competition winners will be announced at the PechaKucha Session
- Competition prizes will be distributed to the winners after the event.
- By submitting an entry, participants agree that their submission will be made publicly available and hosted on the event website, and may cite the participant and their company.
- By submitting an entry, participants agree that their submission may be used on RTC collateral material including, but not limited to, the event handbook, website and promotional material; and may cite the participant and their company.
Winners and Prizes